Reopening Plan for Dance Action of Newtown
Mitigation of the risk of exposure to COVID-19 upon reopening Dance Action of Newtown
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. There are many types of human coronaviruses, including some that commonly cause mild upper-respiratory tract illnesses. COVID-19 is a new disease, caused by a novel (or new) coronavirus that has not previously been seen in humans. In order to reopen Dance Action of Newtown a Plan for reopening needs to be established
To maintain safe behavioral practices to reduce the spread of COVID-19 with in the dance studio, the CDC recommendations that need to be followed include
- social distancing (specifically, staying a minimum of 3-6 feet away from others when in a shared space)
- frequently washing hands or use alcohol-based (at least 60% alcohol) hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available
- Wearing cloth face coverings except for children under 2, if it is a possible choking or strangulation hazard, or if your child has trouble breathing with the mask. If your child is unconscious, incapacitated or unable to remove the cover without help, they should not wear a mask either. Additionally, a child is touching his or her face more frequently while wearing a mask, then they should not wear it because this increases their risk of being exposed to the virus
- avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- staying home when sick
- cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
Plans will be developed to implement safe practices and those plans will be maintained and revised as situations present.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING: Cleaning of the dance studio will occur after each class and at the beginning and end of each day as frequent disinfection of surfaces and objects touched by multiple people is important to help reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: In order reduce the risk of exposure to COVID -19 the studio will comply with the CDC requirements of social distancing.
STAFF EDUCATION: All staff will need to be trained in cleaning techniques, the enforcement of social distancing and the signs and symptoms of COVID-19
EDUCATION of STAFF
- Staff meeting will be held 1 week prior to the return to the studio
- Staff will be educated on cleaning and disinfecting process
- Staff will be educated on social distancing with in the studio
- Staff will be educated on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 as outlined by the CDC that include but are not limited to: Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fever, Chills, Muscle pain, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell
CLEANING and DISINFECTING:
- After each class: Normal routine cleaning with required CDC appropriate disinfectant to all Ballet Barres and floors to decrease the risk of exposure COVID-19. If visibly soiled area, disinfectant will be used.
- Bathrooms will be monitored every hour that the studio is open and cleaned with required CDC appropriate disinfectant. Cleaning of the bathrooms, with disinfectant, will occur upon opening and closing and when visibly soiled.
- Lobby area will be cleaned upon opening and closing with required CDC appropriate disinfectant. In between classes the area will be wiped down with appropriate disinfectant.
- Surfaces frequently touched by multiple people, such as door handles, tables, light switches, and faucets, will be cleaned and disinfected at the opening and closing each day with disinfectant and when visibly soiled
- Disinfection using EPA-approved disinfectants against COVID-19 will occur throughout the studio space at the opening of the studio for the day and at the end of each night or if area appears visibly soiled
- Gloves will be worn appropriate for the chemicals being used when cleaning and disinfecting.
- Storage and usage of disinfectants will be conducted in a responsible and appropriate manner according to the label and will be kept out of the reach of children.
- All chair in lobby area will be set at 6 ft. distancing thus limiting the amount of people in the area.
- Classes will be staggered by 5-10 minutes so that classes are entering and exiting at different times.
- Drop off and pick up of children will be conducted as safely as possible using the entrances and exits of the studio without disruption of classes.
- Children will be encouraged to bring through own water and water bottle. NO sharing will be allowed.
- Each studio floor space has been outlined with 6 foot spacing.
- Ballet Barres have been outlined to maintain 3-4 foot spacing
- Class size will be limited to the amount of persons who can occupy the dance studio while staying with in the 6 foot spacing regulations.
- Facial coverings will be required when entering and exiting the building for everyone except children 2 or under or those with medical exceptions.
- Facial coverings will be required by all staff when not doing strenuous activity.
- Facial coverings for children are required when not strenuously dancing
- The following conditions are when face coverings are not required:
- children under the age of 2
- If it is a possible choking or strangulation hazard
- If a child/adult has trouble breathing with the mask due to a medical condition such as asthma, allergies or any condition that does not allow them to wear a mask.
- If your child is unconscious, incapacitated or unable to remove the cover without help
- A child who touch’s his or her face frequently while wearing a mask
- Proper prevention hygiene, such as washing your hands frequently and using alcohol-based (at least 60% alcohol) hand sanitizer will be required by all staff and students prior to and after each class.
- Hand hygiene will be required after coughing sneezing or the blowing of one’s nose and after using the restroom
- Hand sanitizer stations have been placed in 6 areas of the studio: Lobby, bathrooms, changing area and both studios.
- Signs will be posted at the front entrance to the studio in regards to face coverings and Signs and Symptoms of Covid-19.
- Signs in regards to hand washing have been placed in both bathrooms
- Take child’s temperature before coming to class. If temperature is above 99.4, please do not bring child to class
- If child has a Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fever, Chills, Muscle pain, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell please do not bring them into class. Call your physician for guidance in regards to these symptoms.
- Talk to your child about facial coverings and the use of them.
- Talk to your child about proper hand hygiene
- Taking your child to the bathroom before and or during class as the instructors/student assistants are not permitted to do this at this time.
- Communication with Ms. Carol if your child or any one in your household becomes ill with Covid-19